In this article, you will know, how can view an existing Primary Ledger when you have created by using the Rapid Implementation and how to create the Primary Ledgers manually in Oracle Cloud Financials
- How Can View the Primary Ledgers When You Created by Using the Rapid Implementation
If you want to view the primary ledgers created by the system when you created them using the Rapid Implementation spreadsheets.
- Navigation: From your implementation project, Navigate > Define Common Applications Configuration for Financials> Define Ledgers > Define Accounting Configurations > Manage Primary Ledgers > Go to Task.
Setup and Maintenance > Financials > Setup > General Ledger > Manage Primary Ledger
2. Review your Australia Primary Ledger that was created.
4. For the Assign Legal Entities task, select the Go To Task icon.
5. In the Select Scope popup, for the Primary Ledger field, select the Select and Add option, then select the Apply and Go to Task
6. Select your Australia Primary Ledger and then click the Save and Close button at the very bottom of the window. Make sure you just highlight the ledger and scroll down to find the Save and Close button.
7. In the Assign Legal Entities page, view the information. Click Save and Close.
Note: A Warning message will appear informing you to assign balancing segment values to legal entities. This is a generic warning that always pops up. Just click OK to the warning. You can view the balancing segment value assignments in the task called Assign Balancing Segment Values to Legal Entities.
How to Create a Primary Ledger Manually
If you want to create a primary ledger using US Chart of Accounts, Accounting MMYY calendar, USD as the currency, and Standard Accrual as accounting method.
- From your implementation project, Navigate > Define Common Applications Configuration for Financials> Define Ledgers > Define Accounting Configurations> Manage Primary Ledgers > Go to Task.
Or you can go directly from Set Up and Maintenance tab from Navigator
2. Click the Create icon in the Manage Primary Ledger
3. Enter a unique Name (No periods, commas, dashes or special characters.) and Description: Dubai Ledger. Your Ledger name will appear on reports so name it correctly.
Note: Do NOT use periods, dashes, commas or special characters in your Ledger Name, such as ABC Co., Inc.
3. Select Chart of Accounts: US Chart of Accounts.
4. Select your Calendar: Accounting MMYY
5. Select Currency: USD.
6. Select the Accounting Method: Standard Accrual.
7. Click the Save and Edit Task List button to save your primary ledger and return to the Setup and Maintenance work area or your project plan.
8. If you want to assign this ledger, you can assign it as explained above.
You can check relevant article : How to set Specify Ledger Options in Oracle Cloud Financials